A couple weeks ago we had another great turnout at BoilerU. In fact, the class was completely sold out! Jude Wolf always does a great job teaching these classes, and we do our best to promote them and show our audience exactly what the class will have in store. That's hard to do sometimes because when you're not there to experience it for yourself, you will never know the true benefit the class will bring.
We always talk about how the class is fun and interactive. Check out a tweet WARE received from an attendee during the most recent class:
We wanted to give you a true behind the scenes look at BoilerU, so we sent a couple of our marketing people down to the latest class to observe and gather takeaways from an unbiased point of view. Below are some of the pictures they gathered while there, and here are some of the benefits that they saw the class having for the students who were in attendance:
- BoilerU is very technical (as one would expect) but people were having fun too. Tyler's tweet above is an example of that!
- Everyone has their own binder where they can follow along with Jude's lecture and make notes.
- Students also have their own set of tools and equipment. Learning isn't just about listening to Jude, it's also about participating.
- The atmosphere is laid back. People ask questions as they come up and open discussions are common.
- Students learn from Jude, but they also learn from talking to one another.
- Stations are set up around the class with different pieces of equipment—again, it's very hands-on.
- Safety is heavily promoted and was something that Jude touched on quite a bit.
- The class is accredited through Western Kentucky University and all participants earn 2.4 continuing education units.
Check out the gallery below to see a series of images from BoilerU. This class was held at 300 Spring in Jeffersonville, IN.
If you'd like more information about BoilerU, check out our online brochure. Upcoming classes are as follows:
July 12 - 14, 2016 - Chattanooga, TN
September 20 - 22, 2016 - Jeffersonville, IN
November 08 - 10, 2016 - Chattanooga, TN