If you don’t know boilers yourself, working with a boiler technician can be a challenge. It can be tough to determine how competent or thorough your technician is being.
That’s where we can help.
No matter how much you know or don’t know about your boiler and the kind of service it needs, there are 10 characteristics of every great boiler technician.
Your Boiler Technician Should Be Doing These Things:
1. They’re positive and enthusiastic.
Great boiler technicians are happy to be on the job because they love what they do, and they’re glad to share that enthusiasm with their customers.
2. They’re always prepared when they show up.
Preparation helps a great boiler technician work quickly and efficiently so your time isn’t wasted.
3. They’re eager to share knowledge with you once they’ve identified the problem.
The best boiler technicians are true experts in their field, and they’re proud to share knowledge about what seems to be the issue with your boiler. Most importantly, they’ll share their knowledge in an informative but not condescending way that really helps their customer understand the problem.
4. They fix the problem quickly and professionally.
Great boiler techs get right down to business. Once they’ve identified and explained the issue, they fix your boiler as quickly as possible without loitering or wasting time.
5. They take a look around the boiler room to get a full understanding of the situation.
It’s important to get a clear picture of everything that could be going on with your boiler, so a great technician will take a look around the entire boiler room to make sure nothing is being overlooked.
6. They stay on-site until they can verify the repair worked.
Your boiler technician should be committed to a job well done, and that means hanging around until they can make sure that their handiwork was successful.
7. They leave the area as clean as when they arrived.
Cleanliness is key, and a great boiler technician will always make sure to tidy up after any repairs.
8. They communicate clearly.
Whether or not you understand exactly how your boiler technician is fixing the problem, communication should still be open and clear about what’s going on with the boiler and how it’s being fixed.
9. They include as much detail as possible in their work order.
The more details, the better! A thorough and clear work order is a sign of an organized and careful boiler technician.
10. They follow up with you to make sure the boiler is working correctly and ask if there’s anything else they can do to help.
Great boiler technicians will reach out after a short period of time to make sure the repairs did the trick and that you’re satisfied with the work. That’s the foundation of a great working relationship!
At WARE, we take service seriously. That’s why each of our boiler technicians is always dedicated to doing the absolute best work on your boiler, every single time you need our help.
Need assistance, or want to learn more? Just contact us or call 1-800-228-8861.
Source: “The Top 10 Qualities of the Best Boiler Technicans,” The Grime, Winter 2019 Newsletter, Guest writer Mike Robertson, “The Boiler Guy Says.”